Siddha medicine to cure mucus, cold. Chest cold.
1. Neem with Basil Leaves ground together and applied on the forehead, will cure cold.
2. The leaves of salanum trilobatum (தூதுவளை) Adhatoda vasica (ஆடாதொடை), solanum-xantho carpum (கண்டங்கத்தரி ) together with Sukku (Dry Ginger), Milagu (Pepper), Long Pepper (thippili) made into syrup and mixed with honey and by consuming this prolonged mucus can also be dissolved.
3. To cure perpetual cold, chest cold mucus squeeze Black Basil leaves and its juice should be taken both in the morning and evening daily.
4. Consuming daily, the powder of leaves of Malabar Nut Adhatoda vasica (ஆடாதொடை) mixed with honey will cure cold and mucus will clear.
5. The powder of Ink Nut (Terminalia chebula கடுக்காய்) and phylanthus Emblica ( Indian gooseberry நெல்லி) mixed with honey should be consumed to clear cold and mucus.
6. Children finding difficulty in breathing due to cold: apply a little of coconut oil on the nose, breathing will become easy.
7. Withania somnifera (அமுக்கரா)powder should be given with milk in the night daily to clear mucus.
8. If solanum trilobatum (தூதுவளை) soup or Rasam is consumed, cold will be cleared.
9. Heat coconut oil with camphor (பச்சைக் கற்பூரம்)) and apply on the chest to clear chest cold.
10. Inhaling rose flower, blocked nose will clear.
11. cynodon dactylon (அருகம்புல்) juice is very good for cold.
12. Pomegranate juice and lemon juice and lemon juice consumed together will cure cold.
13. Heat the leaves of Anisochilus carnosus (கற்பூர வள்ளி) and apply the paste on the forehead to remove the water logged in the forehead.
Siddha treatment to cure fever
1. The dicoction of chiretta (நிலவேம்பு) will cure all types of fever.
2. To cure fever, dump bark of neem tree powdered and ¼ amount of zeera powder mixed in cow’s milk should be taken.
3. Acalypha indica(குப்பைமேனி) plant is powdered with Long pepper (thippili)and mixed with honey, consuming this willcure fever accompanied with cough and cold.
4. Keep ground ocimum Basilicum (துளஸி ) Bael, Neem leaves, sandal wood, Gallnut, pepper and Alpinia rutans(சிற்றரத்தை);whenever there is fever, 1 spoon of this powder mixed in hot water and taken in the morning and evening will cure fever.
5. If roasted neem leaves are kept under the bed also fever will be cured.
6. Juice made from the leaves of vallarai – uthamani with milagu whenconsumed will also cure fever.
Siddha treatment for cough and cold
1. Roast jeeragam, grind it and mix with sugar candy ; this cures cough.
2. Finely ground Ponnarai seeds (பொன்னாரை) mixed with cow’s milk and given to babies will curewhooping cough.
3. Consuming ripe ladies finger will cure prolonged cough.
4. To cure throat pain, powder of Dry Ginger,Pepper,Long Pepper take all the three in equal amount with honey daily 3 times.
Siddha treatment for wheezing
1. Evolvulus alsinoides (விஷ்ணுக்கிராந்தி) powder mixed with water and consumed will cure wheezing due to cold.
2. Taking the leaves of Eclipta prostrate roxb (கரிசிலாங்கண்ணி) made into powder and taken with rice thippili (அரிசி திப்பிலி) will cure wheezing due to mucus can be cured.